When Is the Right Time to Start Your First Job?

       Over the last few days, I have gone through the process of applying for my first job as a cashier at a local spa. While I personally think that I've waited too long to get my first job, my family has almost taken offense to the idea. I don't have to get a job right now, I could comfortably live just as I am, and I am BEYOND thankful for that. I know that such a luxury is rare, but I also know that I want to live on my own someday, and not mooch off of my parents for the rest of my life. I personally feel that to do so, I need to start getting job experience now; I don't want to finish school and then apply for a job at a higher level without having some type of teenage job experience. My family seems to think that my 4.0 GPA and 31 act score is enough to distinguish me. This is where I am calling on you all to join in. I would like to hear what all of you, as my readers from all walks of life think on the matter. Are good grades enough to distinguish me, or do I need experience and references to put on my resume? Comment below, and I hope to see y'all back here real soon!


Social Media

Tumblr
Pinterest
Facebook

Contact Me
Email

Comments

Popular Posts